Concept is the same than Kitecleat one, bring safety buy adding security function to a regular use device.
As it is always good to have a pocket light inside the boat, van or even the car, I selected this pocket light that seems adapted to riders needs to me.
Technical characteristics are as follow:
– Luminance: 1000 Lumen
– Duration: 3 hours in max power mode / 10 hours in medium mode
– Modes: 4 (high / med / flash / SOS signal with long press)
– Visibility distance: More than 2 nautical mile (adjustable focal length)
– Water resistance : IP65 (not to be immersed for a long time but enough for splash)
– Led type: T6
– Materials: Aluminium Alloy
– Size: 110x27mm
– Weight: 98g
Moreover, for some kite trips (to an island, downwind, reef wave,…) it could be good to carry a flashlight in case it turns to swimming session… If you would like to ask people onshore or nearby boat for some help.
So I offer to carry it on a waterproof pouch attached to your harness to secure your ride.
It will alloy it to support long time immersion without any risk and offer flotation advantage if you have to take it in your hand (just let the air inside before closing).
WARNING: Please be aware that this item is not responding to 5 miles away boat french navigation rules. Always stay at a swimming distance from the shore being ready to let your kite go if needed.