As it is always good to have a pocket light inside the boat, van or even the car, I selected this pocket light that seems adapted to riders needs to me.
Technical characteristics are as follow:
– Luminance: 1000 Lumen
– Duration: 3 hours in max power mode / 10 hours in medium mode
– Modes: 3 (high / med / flash)
– Visibility distance: Up to 4000m (adjustable focal length)
– Water resistance : IP65 (not to be immersed for a long time)
– Led type: T6
– Materials: Aluminium Alloy
– Size: 110x27mm
– Weight: 98g
Moreover, for some kite trips (to an island, downwind, reef wave,…) it could be good to carry a flashlight in case it turns to swimming session… If you would like to ask people onshore or nearby boat for some help.
So I offer to carry it on a waterproof pouch attached to your harness to secure your ride.
It will alloy it to support long time immersion without any risk and offer flotation advantage if you have to take it in your hand (just let the air inside before closing).
WARNING: Please be aware that this item is not responding to 5 miles away boat navigation rules. Always stay at a swimming distance from the shore being ready to let your kite go if needed.