Here is why I think that it’s an ideal combination:
- If you can ride with a kite, ship sailing should be easy to learn and pleasant. The reverse is also true to my mind.
- No better way than rent a (house on the spot) sail boat with friends (with or without skipper) to learn, practice, exchange experience on both.
- For beginners: Handling the wing (connected to the boat) and body dragging facilitated.
- Ride inaccessible by land spots, place for you to train !
- The downwind (voluntary or not) could be facilitated…
- And one day, the yacht anchored in flat water just behind the reef, sound of the surf for the nights…